School Name: Gageville School School District Number: #018
Township: Twn41N Range: Rng14W Section: Sec11
Latitude: 38.320300 °N Longitude: -92.438500 °W
Date Started: Date Closed:
Teachers: Judge Jenkins lists the following teachers for the early years of the school:
Resident Taxpayers in 1871:
The Gageville school was built around the turn of the century. In 1905, George Ramsey owned the land where the school sat. Ramsey was a large landowner in the region. The mines that Mr. Gage started were located ½ mile south of the school. By the turn of the century, the Bell Mining Company had purchased 84 acres of land directly east of the Ramsey acreage. Mining was a very popular occupation in the county at the turn of the century and several mining companies came into the area and bought huge tracts of land.
By 1930/31, when there were many schoolhouses in operation, Gageville was listed as being District #18. The teacher was Parnell Kallenbach and the clerk was B. H. Curty. When Eldon consolidated its large school district, Gageville closed down and the school children were included in the Eldon district perimeter. It has been many years since this school was in operation.